Commercial Lighting Terms & Conditions
- Power Forward commercial lighting incentives are provided by Heartland Consumers Power District (Heartland) and their participating electric utility customers. Commercial and industrial customers of participating utilities are eligible to apply for incentives. For a list of participating utilities, visit www.hcpd.com or contact your local utility to verify participation.
- Only existing lighting systems qualify for the incentives. New construction or the addition of more light fixtures in a facility does not qualify. The number of new lighting fixtures will equal the number of fixtures being replaced. If the quantity of new or existing fixtures is not equal, the lesser quantity will be eligible for incentives.
- Eligible equipment must be connected to an electric service billed under a commercial or industrial rate class by the participating utility. Only new products will be eligible for incentives and must replace old equipment.
- This program is applicable to lighting upgrades as outlined in the application. Rebates for other lighting upgrades may be granted at the discretion of Heartland. Lighting upgrades other than those outlined in this application must be pre-approved by Heartland staff before installation in order to be eligible for incentives.
Terms & Conditions
- Incentive payments will be disbursed on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to eligibility and availability of funds. This program and its incentive amounts are subject to change or termination without notice. Neither pre-approval of a project, nor any other action by Heartland or its participating utilities, will entitle a customer to an incentive payment until the application is finally approved by Heartland.
- Incentives will be paid after new equipment is installed and operating. Projects must be started on or after January 1, 2019 and completed by December 31, 2019 to qualify.
- Incentives will not be paid without the completion of the application form and proof of purchase and installation. Sales receipt(s) or invoice(s) itemizing the new equipment and indicating the size, type, make model, purchase date and vendor must accompany the application. Details on the lighting being replaced must also be provided including existing lighting technology, number of existing fixtures, number of lamps in each fixture, and the wattage of lamps used.
- The incentive payment will come directly from the company’s local electric utility in a manner chosen by the utility. Please allow up to 90 days for delivery of incentives.
- Heartland and its participating utilities reserve the right to do random spot checks to verify program compliance.
- Heartland and all participating utilities are not responsible for any tax liability imposed on the customer as a result of the energy efficiency incentive payment.
- Heartland does not endorse or warrant any particular manufacturers, contractors, products, or system designs in promoting this program.
- Heartland does not guarantee any equipment funded under this program or that a specific level of energy or cost savings will result from products funded by these incentives.
- The customer/contractor is responsible for proper disposal and/or recycling of any waste generated as a result of this project.
- Heartland and its participating utilities are not liable for any damage or injury arising from or related to the removal, installation or operation of any equipment, or any other action taken by the customer, in connection with a project undertaken by the customer under the program described in this application.
- Falsifying any information may lead to cancellation of current and future incentive applications.
Heartland and its participating utilities reserve the right to publicize your participation in this program unless you specifically request otherwise, in writing.
If you have any questions about the commercial lighting program, contact:
Ann Hyland, Heartland Consumers Power District